Speaking to the ‘Daily News’ from Nairobi over the weekend, Neeke said that everything was going well for him since his arrival in Nairobi.. “ I thank God for the achievement as everything is going as I planned. I am here (Nairobi) for trials ready for Kenyan top League,” he said.
Neeke said he expected to sign contract with one of Kenyan top teams (declined to name) ready for the next season league which starts February 2017.
The former Jeshi Stars player, Neeke said he aimed to go further than what he had achieved in Tanzania and believed he would achieve in Kenya because their volleyball standard has gone up drastically.
“The Kenyan volleyball league is more advanced compared to ours, hence, I think it is the best training ground,” he said.
He said that if all will go well is sure can go far in the sport and help his countrymate wished to excel. He returned to Nairobi after helping his team secure National Club Championship title in Coast Region last month. That was third title for Jeshi Stars this year.
He also guided his team to clinch Muungano title held in Zanzibar May and Dar es Salaam League title early August. Dar es Salaam Regional Volleyball Association (DAREVA) technical committee chairman, Nasoro Sharifu asked the sports’ stakeholders to support him in his tour that will open doors to other youth next year.
“I call upon the youth and other Tanzanians to support him and that he may succeed, it will benefit many as also will be our ambassador,” said Sharifu.

No comments:
Post a Comment